In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fábrica feminine(inspector) industriala bomb factory — una fábrica clandestina de bombas
- factory prices — precios franco fábrica
- factory worker — obrero — de fábrica
- The physical layouts of buildings and factories and equipment had to be redesigned.
- Looking back, it is tempting to see the whole century as preparing the ground for factories and machines.
- Is it any wonder why American manufacturers are building factories overseas?
- All went well except no one said anything about us having permission to use the building as a factory.
- More people need more land for buildings, factories, farms, and roads.
- You are free to wander at your own pace through nearly three-quarters of a mile of shop fronts, factories and other buildings.
- These sturdy bloomers can be handled by machine in plant-growing factories.
- This water is highly contaminated with dolomite from the cement manufacturing factories.
- He was dependent on his backers to provide the money for the building of the factory and had to take note of their opinions.
- Some factories and manufacturers are creating jobs, especially in the nearby Cornwallis Park.
- Building of factories would create jobs for hundreds of villagers.
- By the 1860s, 191 of his machines were installed in factories on the continent.
- Under the new plans the sweets will continue to be manufactured at the factory in Cleckheaton.
- Employers must put in place proper controls to protect workers from hazards in factories, on building sites and on farms.
- It is believed that parts will be sent back to the York factory from there for assembly in the future.
- Like the bridge, the Poplar Gardens flats were created in a factory and assembled on site.
- However, if you are under 16, by law you cannot work in a factory, building site or pub.
- Ford recently announced it will close four U.S. factories and a truck assembly plant in Canada.
- The company has a niche market in building roads and bespoke factories in Scotland.
- The Fire Brigade spokesman said the fire originated at a machine in the factory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.