In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tienda de fábrica feminine
- As an indication of its readiness to capitalise on every opportunity available to it, however small, the company operates a small factory shop at the entrance to the premises.
- An Eden firm has set up its own factory outlet to cope with the popularity of its range of garden pots and ornaments.
- The company began to sell carpets and rugs direct to customers in the area from its factory shop after it rose from the ashes, and this aspect of the business has become just as important as the commercial side.
- Our first stop was the Camper factory shop, where the famous flatties sell for a fraction of their retail price in the UK.
- Whyte plans to bring in new income through the upgrade of the Hillington factory shop, which he describes as a glorified jumble sale.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.