In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Adenovirus is spread by contact with infected feces, urine or respiratory droplets.
- Human infection follows accidental ingestion of ova passed in dog faeces.
- Cysts are passed in a host's feces, remaining viable in a moist environment for months.
- Dust mite allergens are proteins that come from the digestive tracts of mites and are found in mite feces.
- You also can get this infection from soil where there is cat feces, so wear gloves when you are gardening.
- Take care to avoid contact with the feces of family pets - especially reptiles.
- It is important to change the baby's nappy regularly, to minimise the chance of urine and faeces irritating the skin.
- Collect and label urine and faeces of patients who have possible internal radioactive contamination.
- Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection transmitted by food or water from urine or faeces from infected people.
- Rat urine and feces are infectious and contaminate the surroundings, including human food.
- Ascariasis occurs when worm eggs commonly found in soil and human feces are ingested.
- People can become sick after eating food or water with animal feces in it.
- The fungus is a common soil contaminant being excreted in feces of several birds particularly pigeons.
- Contact with cats, kittens, cats' faeces, or cats who hunt for food was not a risk factor for infection.
- The inclusion of the phytase enzyme in the diet will reduce the amount of phosphorus excreted in the feces.
- Urine, faeces and sweat have been described as the three main excretable products.
- Typhoid bacteria are released in the urine and faeces of infected people.
- Those are infectious stages of the parasite and it's also excreted into the environment with the faeces.
- Furthermore, the attenuated virus is excreted in the faeces, leading to herd immunity.
- Incontinence to urine and faeces commonly dates from pregnancy and childbirth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.