1(chore)to be a fag — ser un coñazo Spain vulgar slang informal
2(schoolboy)alumno que está al servicio de un alumno mayor
intransitive verbfagged, fagging
1hacer trabajitos para un alumno mayornovatear
1(male homosexual)maricón masculine informal offensive
1(cigarette)cigarrillo masculinepitillo masculine informalpucho masculine Southern Cone informal
- ‘A fag is a cig,’ he rolled his eyes at her stupidity.
- You're the one who puts the fag in your mouth, you make the choice to smoke.
- She won't let Alvin smoke his spliffs and fags inside any more.
- And then there was the time we went round the school with a note from Jenkins saying we were doing a study into the effects of cigarette smoke, and could we have some of your fags please sir/miss?
- All I know is I've not touched a drop, not smoked a fag, I've eaten bags and bags of fruit and played a couple of games of football.
- Caleb's rasping chords sound like he's just smoked 50 fags but he remains tuneful and purveys strong emotion whether exhilaration, tenderness or pain.
- Midnight came and went and suddenly it was 3.00 am, I'd drunk a shedload of Guinness, smoked a fair few fags and was starting to feel dopey.
- The soundtrack to Rachel Lowe's video piece is more restrained - on two screens side by side we watch a woman smoke fags and drink coffee, and hear the fuzzy hubbub of the nowheresville shopping mall she's in.