In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Tosca is then forced to choose between her faithfulness or telling the truth about what she saw at the villa.
- Marriage was to be lifelong and marital faithfulness was to include monogamy.
- The mandarin duck represented faithfulness, the magpie good luck.
- Consistency and faithfulness in upholding the law, then, is the main thing that Papuans want from the government.
- Examples of the faithfulness and patience of good, loyal dogs are to be found throughout literature and the fine arts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.