In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- What binds all these things together is a recurring human mistake: the fallacy of total belief in the present and its technology.
- I didn't discover the fallacies in those beliefs, but whoever did made some Great Discoveries.
- It is based on myths and fallacies which provide legitimacy for gross social inequalities.
- It helps readers to be able to easily counter the common fallacy that belief in evolution has something to do with real, practical science that works.
- Partly he draws on psychology to show the fallacy of the belief that there exists some unitary entity which can be called credibility and that dishonesty in one situation suggests dishonesty in all.
- Both writers fall into the same fallacy - basing their objections on feelings or personal experience rather than empirical evidence.
- This fallacy is based on the misconception that the Holy Prophet was ordered to be obeyed in his capacity of a ruler, and not in the capacity of a prophet or messenger.
- This latest attempt to discredit Rice and Bush is based on the fallacy that because the administration was pushing hard for missile defense it must not have been taking terrorism seriously enough.
- The love it vs. leave it remark is based on a fallacy - that if you disagree with a certain policy, you must not love your country.
- As a pointer on the fallacies of lazy thinking based on faith rather than facts, it makes a great read.
- Much of the argument against free trade is based upon a fallacy that confuses costs and wealth.
- But this is based on a fallacy - that the Tories support free markets across the board.
- I am sick and tired of hearing its members' boasts, which are based on a fundamental fallacy that they believe in one law for all.
- The fashionable notion, especially on the left, that governments of all persuasions have signed up to liberal free market beliefs is a fallacy.
- I can't summon the necessary faith to believe in magic if I suspect it's inconsistent nonsense, or a mess of superstitions based on fallacies.
- All is based upon the fallacy of global warming being caused by manmade green house gases.
- As a production-oriented ideology, communism was based upon the fallacy of production itself being the ultimate purpose of economic activity.
- Johnson's argument is based on some obvious fallacies, such as information requiring an intelligent author.
- Much research has been done in the past few years into the history of Witchcraft and common beliefs proved to be fallacies.
- Wishful thinking is a fallacy that posits a belief because it or its consequence is desired to be true.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.