In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trompa de Falopio feminine
- We do know that progesterone is secreted during the menstrual cycle, and it promotes changes in the uterine endometrium and the Fallopian tubes.
- In Germany, Dr. Kurt Senn used a scope called a laparoscope or flank scope inserted below the umbilicus to close off Fallopian tubes in sterilization operations.
- Fertilization is accomplished in vitro and fertilized eggs are surgically transferred to the Fallopian tubes approximately 24 hours after the egg retrieval.
- Damage to the Fallopian tubes can result in reduced fertility and an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in the tube rather than the womb).
- Fertilisation of the egg by the sperm takes place in one of the two Fallopian tubes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.