In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Threats to integrity may include a request to deceive a patient, to withhold information, or to falsify records, as well as verbal abuse from patients and coworkers.
- He falsified the medical records of Hazel Wood when she died of serious heart disease because three months earlier he attributed her chest pains to stomach problems.
- He was said to have deliberately falsified a document to increase his salary and backdate his pension.
- Shipman had falsified his records to create bogus medical histories to explain away the sudden deaths of his victims.
- The defendant is also alleged to have falsified an accounting document on a loan facility in August 1996.
- He was sentenced to 15 months in jail for falsifying his identity documents to get a passport to go to Pakistan.
- One senior investigator was found by the three judges to have falsified statements attributed to Murphy.
- No interest is served when it's easy to duplicate or falsify an identity document.
- He was arrested July 19 at the McAllen airport and charged four days later with illegal entry into the US, falsifying information and falsifying a passport.
- He cites evidence that doctors or medics falsified death certificates to cover up homicides.
- Thousands of unwitting South African women may be married illegally to foreigners who have paid corrupt officials to falsify marriage certificates.
- Lynn Geldof told reporters the detection of child trafficking was complicated by the fact that many traffickers are women who falsify documents so as to pose as the children's mothers.
- After finding an unqualified buyer, they'd falsify mortgage applications and employment histories just to get a bank to say yes to a loan.
- The women had their passports taken from them and made to sign a blank piece of paper, later used to falsify work-related documents.
- It was clear that he had covered his tracks by altering records and falsifying death certificates.
- He is also charged with falsifying an accounting document for September 1997 at Matbro contrary to the Theft Act.
- Tribunal lawyers introduced further invoices from a company based in the Czech Republic yesterday to support their theory that he regularly falsified records to conceal the proceeds of property deals in Ireland.
- The central bank said it would punish banks which helped businesses to falsify documents regarding their overseas remissions.
- He has already been charged with falsifying documents which showed transfer credits totalling over $40m from a bank he owned in Belgrade to an Irish company.
- On 5 January 1996 the police reportedly used his thumb prints to falsify a statement in which he apparently confirmed that his injuries resulted from a fall while he was in the Civil Hospital, soon after he was first examined.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.