In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Do alien rites of passage enrich familial bonds within an individualistic society?
- Nothing kept me there, no true obligation or familial ties, not since my mom died.
- The researchers found that the hippocampus was not as active as in people without that familial risk.
- Strong familial bonds will definitely guide a person on the right path.
- Interestingly enough, when we do the genetics, we find the familial history makes a difference.
- These common ideals endure as do personal links and familial bonds between Britain and America.
- Genetic and familial factors are accepted, but no specific evidence is available.
- You know that life will be better if we assume the traditional familial roles.
- For me his films encompass violence and love, notions of friendship and familial bonds, beauty and art, comedy and death.
- It's a family game and some deep, unresolved familial conflict suddenly pops up.
- By accident he discovered a knack for ballet and after battling familial prejudice won a scholarship to the Royal Ballet school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.