In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1árbol genealógico masculine
- Part of the exhibition incorporates a high tech family tree where people can key in the name of the person they are interested in and see them appear before them on screen.
- With a white chalky stone, the guide was kneeling on the kasbah roof, trying to draw the El Glaoui family tree on the dun-coloured surface.
- Family history and family trees are important because they tell us where we have come from, the point of growth that we have reached, and with whom we connected.
- There is also a detailed chronology, family trees, maps and a list of contents.
- But amongst the books were also handwritten journals, and she even found a delicately drawn out family tree.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.