In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1club de fans masculineclub de admiradores masculine
- Fans may also feel cheated as these mixes once exclusive to the fan club now become public property.
- Also I think people are starting a fan club about me and was trying to take pictures of me while I was changing for PE.
- McCarthy has now marked out one side of the stage as his own, and his personal fan club congregate there.
- He acted well, and clearly had a large fan club present.
- The concerts all but sell out through applications from the official fan club before the public even gets a look in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.