In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de gran alcancetrascendental
- The bishop said the precedents being set by America were of far-reaching importance.
- What was clear, though, was that his death could have far-reaching implications.
- Simple changes to the supply and demand rules can have far-reaching effects.
- However, he had risked his entire political career on a far-reaching compromise and lost.
- The implementation of such a plan is beyond any logic, with far-reaching implications.
- Council decisions can have far-reaching effects on many people's lives.
- What interests us are the more far-reaching political consequences of this crisis.
- The success of the global effort to break the human genetic code has far-reaching significance.
- His work constitutes a radical, far-reaching overhaul of the conventions of French poetry and drama.
- It is corrosive of everything, in a way that should also worry those of us who favour far-reaching political change.
- The spurious impact of channels on society is an issue of gruesome and far-reaching consequences.
- The recent exposures of corporate corruption have a far-reaching social significance.
- Here is one example of the far-reaching harmful effects of these bills.
- What has been achieved is a compromise which places three important and far-reaching restrictions on this trade.
- The precedent that is being set has far-reaching and deeply reactionary implications.
- The far-reaching implications of this are surely of extreme importance.
- Has their impact been as radical and far-reaching as was that of the industrial revolution?
- The fickle old tentacles of fame have already had far-reaching effects.
- That report would later have far-reaching implications for South African politics.
- The decision we take today can have far-reaching and wide-ranging consequences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.