In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mercado de los agricultores locales masculine
- I am amazed by the variety of breads sold in farmers' markets, particularly the sourdough and soda breads.
- This trend has helped the rapid growth of local meat marketing through farmers' markets and other direct sales.
- Their lettuce, fresh, clean and attractively presented at local farmers' markets, sells quickly and at a premium.
- The town council has agreed a farmers' market should sell locally produced goods on the second Friday of the month for six months.
- Look for them in good produce markets or at farmers' markets.
- Summertime means that local farmers' markets are open to sell the freshest, in-season fruits and vegetables.
- However, an organic dairy farmer who rents land from us has diversified by selling vegetables at farmers' markets.
- First off, forget the supermarket selection and head for a specialist cheese shop or your local farmers' market.
- People are turning once more to organic produce and local farmers' markets.
- This helps to explain the growth in popularity of local farmers' markets in the area and delivery schemes of fruit and vegetable boxes direct to people's homes.
- Often young bulbing onions are sold as scallions at farmers' markets.
- She sells them at the local farmers' market in Tain.
- The next step was to begin selling the beef at the local farmers' market.
- Their stall has won first prize in the local farmers' market.
- Try eggs from free-range hens or products from a local farmers' market.
- Befriend family-run specialist firms, rare breeders and the bloke who runs your local farmers' market.
- Luckily we had a bag of fresh local arugula from the farmers' market in the fridge.
- The 43-year-old father-of-two sold his chicken products directly to the public from his home and through farmers' markets in the county.
- You can find heritage breeds and wild game birds at many local farmers' markets and in gourmet or organic retail stores.
- It changes every few weeks as the season's offerings reach their pinnacle at Seattle's local farmers' markets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.