In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(la cerda) parir
- However, when pigs are farrowed in crates and the sow's excrement is passed directly into a pit, the pigs may not receive an adequate supply of iron from this source.
- In 1991, 15.8 pigs were farrowed per sow in the United States, whereas in 2001, 17.6 pigs were farrowed per sow, amounting to an 11% increase in efficiency.
- The hogs are farrowed outdoors or in barns or hoop buildings with bedding.
- They started farrowing hogs when they moved to the rented farm in 1991 and have a traditional farrow-to-finish setup.
- They assume weekly farrowing only in the larger three units, as the 150-sow unit could farrow only six to eight sows weekly.
1camada de cerdos femininecría de cerdos feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.