In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I joined the Communist Party because I saw they really were fighting fascism at home and abroad.
- The Italian partisans had risen up against Italian and German fascism only 20 years before.
- I agree with him that Islamic fascism needs to be condemned without reservations, and combated.
- Earlier generations of Americans defeated fascism and won the long twilight struggle against communism.
- Organisational independence would be maintained but they would unite to confront and defeat fascism.
- Third, his treatment of fascism in the late 1930s and early 1940s seems too broad.
- According to this theory there was no difference between social democracy and fascism.
- An analogy could be made with how the emergence of European fascism should be taught.
- The connection between Berlusconi and Italian fascism is not difficult to decipher.
- In defining fascism, it is useful to recall the movement's genesis.
- Egyptian mainstream intellectuals roundly condemned fascism in the 1930s.
- Do you oppose fascism while keeping fascists within your circle of friends?
- Italian fascism was very distinctive from National Socialism, and neither resembled Japanese totalitarianism.
- But others did so from a genuine patriotism or a hatred of German fascism.
- His book is an important read for anyone who wants to understand how to oppose fascism.
- His only objection to Italian fascism was that it wasn't fanatical enough.
- Why did the European bourgeoisie resort to fascism in the 1930s?
- Many came with the hope of turning Spain into a graveyard of European fascism.
- We were able to argue why fascism exists, what it is, and how we fight it.
- The party focused on parliament, not mass action, and its leaders had no strategy for resisting fascism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.