In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(designer)diseñador de ropa de alta costura masculinediseñadora de ropa de alta costura feminine
- Color experts, interior designers and fashionistas all agree: right now, red is red hot in everything from home decor to evening wear to iMacs.
- And they recently signed the hot fashionista to design new lines of sport clothing.
- The designer tells it like it is to would-be fashionistas on the show.
- I hate fashion, I hate the fashion industry, I hate the fashionistas, I hate fashion shows, I hate most of the couture culture, but I love clothes.
- They were among hairdressing's first superstar stylists, fashionistas before the term was even invented.
2(consumer)consumidor de ropa de alta costura masculineconsumidora de ropa de alta costura feminine
- She is able to strike the perfect balance between function and form, and her designs are some of the most sought after with fashionistas everywhere.
- Basically its just a wonderfully witty book written in the voice of a fashionista that we can actually connect with.
- The sense of security fashionistas obtain from designer labels - that feeling of being part of a select club - is a false one.
- In the 1990s, fashionistas deemed it acceptable to mix and match pricey fashions with discount rags.
- The graphics are lively and colorful, and it all looks bright and nicely saturated, as any cartoon about budding fashionistas should be.
- The latter show was held outside, opposite the Natural History Museum much to the delight of fashionistas and hundreds of children queueing up to see the dinosaurs.
- Some young fashionistas shrug off such concerns, however.
- But Italian style is famous worldwide; interior designers flock to the Milan furniture fair with the same fervour as fashionistas watch the city's catwalks.
- What you think is in style one season may be viewed as passé the next, especially by the hardcore fashionistas.
- It has kept growth on track by sticking to its tried-and-tested formula of providing affordable fast fashion, the cheap chic that fills a young fashionista's closet.
- Any fashionista worth her weight in acquisitions can smell a piece of Prada from yards away.
- All fashionista's should have a piece of art like this hanging on their walls!
- They turned away a few fashionistas during fashion week shortly after opening.
- But come Saturday night, they gather in Johannesburg basements, decked out to the nines and stylishly vogue like New York fashionistas.
- The fashion trend setter boldly goes where other fashionistas have yet to follow.
- When my grandmother took a job at a children's shoe factory, I learned how many shoes were available for a young fashionista like me.
- Certainly, denim is a fabric that is rich in history and it enjoys great loyalty among fashionistas and truck drivers alike.
- The message board, normally the exclusive domain of fashion and beauty tips, was full of comments from fashionistas aghast at the proposed changes.
- With the hair extensions, she looks more girl-next-door than cool fashionista.
- We head towards the Rocky Mountains where we come to a town abundant in stylish fashionistas and Ferrari's.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.