In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1figura paterna feminineimagen paterna feminine
- He had great leadership qualities on the pitch and was the father figure in our team.
- Personally I didn't respect him as a father figure, but lots of kids did.
- James has never met his biological father and the man who served as a father figure is in jail for mortgage fraud.
- If you do not have a father, a common substitute is a father figure or even your brother would make a very nice gesture.
- He was already like a father figure to her, and she cared enough for Angela to think of her as an honorary sister.
- He didn't lose the love of a mother figure and a father figure.
- I figured that it would be easier to find a father figure than a mother figure in this huge city.
- The instructor had been an older man and someone that Carl had seen as a father figure, a substitute to fill part of a missing piece of his life.
- When your children are young, they need a role model and a father figure.
- He is labeled as an illegal immigrant, and the victim of a controlling father figure.
- He's a very emotional person and he likes to be a father figure to all of his team.
- As for it being due to an absent father figure, I couldn't say.
- My step-father on the other hand is the paragon of a father figure and someone I can look up to as a role model.
- She had two sons for whom he had become a father figure.
- He is a father figure to her, someone she idolizes and, more importantly, someone she trusts.
- Instead, they made him into an idealized lover, a father figure, or a saviour.
- Chris had always tried to be the best father figure that he could for me.
- He was not only our spiritual leader, but he was a very good friend to us and a father figure, somewhat.
- Mike dotes on Paul because he's never had a father figure.
- I can't feel the loss of a good father figure that I never had in the first place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.