1fatwa feminineto issue a fatwa against sb — emitir / dictar una fatwa contra algn
- His fatwas or rulings are for the most part advisory, and tend to address more abstract issues.
- Its Islamic fundamentalist allies launched a campaign in February against a high court decision outlawing Islamic religious edicts, or fatwas, against women.
- The Association of Muslim Scholars issues fatwas calling Iraqi security forces ‘apostates’ because ‘Iraqis should not be fighting Iraqis under the occupation’.
- Back then, Sunnis obeyed fatwas by clerics to boycott the vote.
- At the same time, 64 Sunni clerics gave a fatwa that for Iraqis to join the military and police is permitted.
- But they should intervene with fatwas or rulings when legislation arises that affects Islamic issues.
- The practice of the Sahaba and the fatwa of all these luminaries is sufficient to establish karahat.
- The first of these fatwas deals with the issue of inter-marriage between Shias and Sunnis.
- He wrote a fatwa on this and gave me the original paper, while keeping a photocopy for his records.
- The proclamation, which took the form of a fatwa, was endorsed by religious leaders throughout the Sultan's dominions.
- In a worst case scenario, Shiite judges could use this paragraph to allow the Grand Ayatollah's fatwas to over-rule secular legislation.
- Anyone opposed to the GlA fatwas, even other Islamist rebels, was considered a heretic.
- As a former academic lawyer, I've been enjoying reading various fatwas and religious rulings over the last few months.