In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USllave femininegrifo masculine Spaincanilla feminine River Platecaño masculine Peruchorro masculine Central America Venezuelapaja feminine Central Americato turn the faucet on/off — abrir/cerrar la llave (/ el grifo etc. )
- to leave the faucets running — dejar las llaves abiertas (/ los grifos abiertos etc. )
- Also, the tap on the tank where the treated water is stored flows more slowly than the tap on your regular faucet.
- Sometimes chunks of this corrosion can break away and get lodged in valves or faucets.
- Battery or hardwired systems are the most common; however, innovations range from solar-powered faucets to faucets that generate their own electricity.
- Some flush valves and faucets make it easier to replace key wear components.
- Repair leaky faucets promptly; a leaky faucet wastes gallons of water in a short period.
- Is bottled better than what's on tap in our faucets?
- Some older houses were built without shutoff valves that connect the plumbing to their toilets or faucets.
- I could now water everything on the farm just by turning on the faucet and fiddling with a few valves from time to time.
- Aren't the faucets sold in hardware stores the same faucets plumbers supply?
- The 2 main faucet types most commonly used are compression faucets and mixing faucets.
- This case-control study examined 18 randomly selected sensor-operated faucets and 18 handle-operated faucets.
- You can buy a small, round sink and a tall faucet at any plumbing supply store.
- Outside, turn the hose faucet and the gate valve for the sprinkler system on.
- This is also the time to shut off outdoor faucets and install freeze-proof faucet covers as needed.
- Cover outside faucets using a faucet insulation kit available at home centers.
- It was constructed of green marble, and water spouted from golden faucets fashioned after leopard heads.
- This includes not only faucets and flush valves, but also automated soap dispensers and time-release cleaning solutions that help prevent buildup caused by heavy minerals in hard water.
- The hole patterns of your old faucet should match the pattern of the new faucet.
- In this case, shut the water to the entire house, and plan on changing out the stop valves as well as the faucet.
- After the sink is positioned and securely in place, you can attach the faucet to the plumbing source.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.