In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1línea de falla (geológica) feminine
- Each year, thousands of tremors of various degrees of intensity are recorded on that fault line.
- I grew up on the faultline - actually, about ten minutes drive from it.
- The India plate dove under the Burma plate some 50 feet, causing a fault line 750 miles long.
- These days, New Yorkers live like people whose houses are built on a fault line.
- The world's only accurate detection system today is spread along the three major underwater fault lines in the Northeastern Pacific Ocean.
- In a matter of seconds, the Indian plates began moving, when suddenly, rocks became stressed, and a faultline was created.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.