In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It only means that our good tendencies are not complete or infallible, that we are not faultless automata.
- The government's handling of the crisis has been far from faultless.
- The technology would also have to be faultless or foolproof.
- That aside, and bearing in mind that my vehicles were brand new, the cars' poise and agility are almost faultless.
- On the accountability of the European parliament they are faultless.
- Her voice is faultless every time, and the dance routine is tight.
- One of them in my opinion is the most faultless and fundamentally perfect fighter of all time.
- It's a faultless example of organized crime's ability to horrify us and enthral us at the same time.
- The service was polite, friendly and faultless, until perhaps the end when there was a bit of a delay in settling the bill.
- Consequentially, a small but vocal minority has emerged, apparently bent upon poking holes in her faultless public image.
- Now the burden is on the hospital to convince judges that they are faultless.
- We need a goal, and most of all we need a faultless role model who inspires us to do our best to reach that goal.
- She said that while operations and surgeons were on the whole faultless, criticism stemmed from a lack of aftercare and poor hygiene.
- His style is technically faultless and his use of electronic sounds makes his style unique among Irish DJs.
- As a promotional tool to sell the show, this collection is faultless.
- We are under no illusion, however, that this effort is faultless and error free.
- She even made a placard written in calligraphy and in faultless rhyming couplets denouncing the union.
- You cannot guarantee anyone in any walk of life will be faultless.
- To her legions of adoring fans, she is faultless, blameless and unbeatable.
- The period setting is perfect and the acting is faultless in most cases, but the plot is slow to get going and there's never a lot of action.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.