In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This park has a finely balanced natural harmony of flora and fauna.
- An international team of scientists descended on the area to study its diverse flora and fauna.
- Divers from all over the world enthuse about the underwater flora and fauna found in the depths of Cork's best dive sites.
- Even different species of flora and fauna find a place of reverence.
- Australia is home to more than one million species of flora and fauna, many of which are found nowhere else in the world.
- However, this union enabled more vigorous exchanges of flora and fauna between Africa and Eurasia.
- Each of the study teams has come back with a wealth of photographs documenting the flora and fauna in these regions.
- He said that a sustained preservation of flora and fauna in the forests would ensure good bio-diversity.
- The creation of the wildlife garden would help sustain native flora and fauna in the region.
- The sheer variety of marine flora and fauna is enough to floor visitors.
- A slide show was organised after the talk, in which children were told about the role of flora and fauna in the ecosystem.
- We only have a fraction of the flora and fauna that were there at first - the fossil record bears that out.
- The Rangers' goal is to reintroduce native flora and fauna to the city's parks.
- Apart from some other things, Sri Lanka is famous for its many rare species of flora and fauna.
- The En Gedi Nature Reserve is home to the region's most splendid flora and fauna.
- Are we really aware of the varied forms of flora and fauna found in the coastal regions of the country?
- They both shared a keen interest in the flora and fauna of the region.
- He is particularly interested in studying the flora and fauna of the regions they plan to pass through.
- The shore is listed as an area of outstanding natural beauty and has a huge variety of flora and fauna.
- Nature, with her infinite variety of flora and fauna, is God's gift to humans.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.