In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(with masculine article in the singular) haba feminine
- The consortium is helping small farmers grow high-value horticultural and medicinal crops, as well as chickpea, faba bean, potato and peanut.
- Figure 1C shows the penetration point on the root of a resistant faba bean.
- Drizzle plate with fava bean purée and pork jus.
- The main courses served on the night were home-made ricotta gnocchi, tossed with fresh fava bean and black truffle, and oven roasted Australian beef tenderloin with assorted vegetables and Barolo red wine sauce.
- Tuna tartare, served in hollowed-out lemons, is vitalized with an unexpected foursome of currants, pine nuts, fava beans, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spread compost or manure on unplanted areas or sow fall-sown cover crops, such as clover, Austrian field peas, fava beans, vetch and winter wheat.
- Add the peas, fava beans, carrots, leeks, and vegetable stock.
- This has already been reported in O. foetida on faba bean and winter chickpea in North Africa.
- Add the garlic, haricot verts, fava beans, tomato, fennel, scallions, and basil.
- In the back yard right now, I have growing garlic, onions, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, fava beans, shallots, spinach, chard, peas, rutabagas and parsley - no lawn.
- I plant hybrid tomatoes, but grow heirloom chick peas, fava beans, lettuce, and cucumbers (to list but a few).
- You can use crimson-flowered fava bean as an ornamental.
- An event like a fava bean open house is something people just are not going to find anywhere outside a CSA.
- This materialized into codfish fillets, baked on a bed of green onions and sprinkled with fava beans, whole cranberries and pistachios.
- Lay the roasted fig on a fig leaf along with the dressed fava bean salad.
- Studies in different legume species such as faba bean, pea and soybean have established a positive correlation between cotyledon cell number and mature seed size.
- For the fava bean and artichoke purée: Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with metal blade.
- A handsome salad of wild fennel, fava beans, asparagus, and bufala ricotta is too monotonously smooth, but endive-and-black-truffle salad is a lovely combination of silk and sass.
- To test resistance to the wasps, he caged the different groups of infected aphids on individual fava bean plants by inverting plastic drink cups over the potted plants with aphids.
- Only two pulses were highly susceptible to feeding damage, with cowpea aphid establishing critical populations on faba bean and lentil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.