In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fax masculinetelefax masculineto send sb a fax — mandarle / enviarle un fax a algn
- before noun fax machine/message — fax
- fax number — número de fax
- If the reporter needs to rewrite or edit the release, it is much easier to edit an electronic message than to retype a fax or a hard copy of the release.
- Thank you for your extraordinary fax of June 5.
- The U.S. Embassy officials presented the copy of the fax at Friday's hearing.
- I've signed the petitions, written letters, sent faxes and emails, and I'm ready.
- Junk faxes are illegal because a significant cost is shifted to the recipient without recourse.
- You can support their protest by sending faxes or calling the interior minister.
- He followed up his Saturday morning phone message with this fax.
- Curiously enough, all this proselytising activity is funded by sending out junk faxes to businesses in the UK.
- We will be able to deal with e-mail contact, electronic faxes and text messages from a mobile phone.
- On more than 400 occasions the company violated regulations which forbid companies from sending junk faxes.
- You will also be able to conduct conference calls, receive voice mail, send faxes and check e-mail.
- Thank you for your fax of June 8.
- The arbitrator found that the faxes of 18th March were clear enough.
- Over 13,500 of you sent faxes to your senators.
- Receiving faxes and voice messages via e-mail is free; other services are charged.
- I received another anonymous fax this morning, right on schedule.
- This time, I sent copies of my faxes to high-ranking Forestry administrators in Jakarta.
- We refer to your fax dated 7th December.
- The penalty for each unsolicited fax is the greater of $500 or your actual damages.
- He did not do so in writing, although he was receiving faxes from them.
1faxearI'll fax it (through) to you — se lo faxearé
- Another time I had to fax a document when my client needed a signature.
- They were requested to fax back the document with their signatures.
- He also faxed a letter to an FBI agent in New York who has had contact with him.
- The customer might then be asked to fax a copy of his driving licence and a utility bill.
- Pick style, fabric, color, and sizes, then fax the order.
- Members would be e-mailed or faxed government consultation documents, policy papers and press releases.
- You'll have to go to your office and fax the documents from there.
- We then faxed the information to the inspector.
- Almost overnight the demand for our services plummeted as customers began faxing their documents rather than sending them by courier.
- Viewers will be invited to fax, e-mail or phone in their votes.
- It is for this reason that I did not fax this document or direct that it be faxed.
- Most network management software will also allow you to fax documents from the desktop as well.
- The documents were faxed to The Post by officials at the records center.
- The fax transmission details indicate that the document was faxed at 4.34 pm on 12 October.
- A second questionnaire was faxed two weeks after the first questionnaire.
- The document was then faxed through to the Indian authorities via Interpol.
- Permission must also be sought from immigration headquarters in Bangkok which requires many documents to be faxed back and forth.
- Please fax or e-mail a resume and cover letter stating your interest.
- He faxed a simple questionnaire to some of the city's restaurants, asking them how their sales compared to the pre-ban days.
- Overseas-based South Africans are using the Internet to attach their signatures and others are faxing the petition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.