1.1(eater)he's/it's a good/heavy/slow feeder — come bien/mucho/despacio
- Sea bream have a reputation for being delicate feeders.
- Despite being a member of the carp family, crucians are much more delicate feeders than their larger cousins.
- Isolated predators were no more vulnerable than herbivores or detritus feeders.
- As any angler will tell you, these fish are extremely opportunistic feeders and will take just about anything edible that they find.
- Bream are daytime feeders and are often missed by anglers in other parts of the country where night fishing is the norm.
- Abundant terrestrial gastropods found clustered around fossil plant detritus may have been deposit feeders scavenging dry portions of channel floors.
- Most ophiuroids are scavengers and detritus feeders, although they also prey on small live animals such as small crustaceans and worms.
- Opportunistic feeders, sea lions will eat salmon, flatfish, herring, octopus, cod, pollock whatever they can catch.
- All squids are highly predatory, they are big feeders on crustacean, fish.
- Mackerel are relatively indiscriminate plankton feeders and will take just about anything that they can fit into their mouths.
- They are an opportunist feeder; it just relies on you, the angler, to give them that opportunity.
- The fact that they are harmless plankton feeders in no way diminishes the adrenaline rush; the ease with which you can approach them makes that rare encounter even more exciting.
- These snakes are opportunistic feeders and never let a chance go by, so in went the second one.
- Pike that are patrolling the margins of islands, for example, are not necessarily actively feeding, they could be opportunist feeders and might thereby snap up a well-positioned bait.
- Unlike most starfish which are actively carnivorous, it is thought to be a plankton feeder.
- Remember, wild trout remain opportunistic feeders and will have a go at anything which does not seem a threat and appears before them in considerable number.
- Cod are voracious feeders sometimes and will pick up a multitude of offerings in certain places and at various times of the season, so whatever you use, do make sure it is in the best possible condition.
- The whale shark, the biggest fish on earth, is a plankton feeder and harmless to divers.
1.2US (animal for fattening)animal de engorde masculineanimal de engorda masculine Mexico Chile
2.1(on machine)alimentador masculine(pipe) (before noun) de alimentación
- He didn't have to worry about checking the feeder's supply.
- Many processors use a fruit feeder to add inclusions to the ice cream mix.
- The normal wire feeder and power supply used for aluminum welding will be suitable for welding magnesium.
- The question is all the more relevant since many of these devices also have a document feeder, a memory card reader, a color fax, etc.
- At lunch time the engine driver and the mill feeder had their lunch first and then while the others ate their lunch the driver oiled up the machine.
- It's also a noticeably faster process using the document feeder - even if just a series of one-page results are being scanned into different charts.
- But it also has a 50-sheet paper feeder, a feature that usually comes on multifunction devices at a significantly higher cost.
- Material entering the feeder becomes locked between the disks and is conveyed around to a discharge point as the spool rotates.
2.2(for livestock, chickens)comedero masculine
- The garden will include a weather station and compost bins, plus bird and animal feeders.
- Take over a bird feeder and keep it filled with birdseed.
- Hummingbirds often fly in to feeders just a few feet from them.
- We once had a hummingbird feeder, but I guess we're too far north.
- Remove bird feeders, including hummingbird feeders, if bears are present.
- Many of these birds turn to feeders only when they cannot find their own food.
- Some flocks may stay together through the breeding season as well, and birds will use bird feeders year round.
- The birds at my home are very active and I have house finches galore on my feeder.
- They are one of the most prevalent birds at our feeders, especially if we offer thistle seed.
- Mother has a green house out there and there's an automated feeder for the deer who come into town foraging.
- Food for birds can be placed on a bird table, in feeders or on the ground.
- At each site, we additionally installed two feeders filled with a commercially sold mixture of seeds for captive birds.
- The best thing to do when this occurs is remove finch feeders and thoroughly clean them.
- During this past long and drawn-out winter, watching the birds at our feeders was a daily pleasure.
- I'm generally not a big fan of hummingbird feeders.
- Squirrel feeders and other animal feeders are widely available.
- You could build bird tables, nest boxes or bird feeders, plant some wildlife friendly plants, and put out food and water.
- Bird feeders, and those that maintain them, play an invaluable role in the sustenance of countless birds otherwise threatened by dwindling habitat and resources.
- I always appreciate and enjoy the letters and notes you send along, as well as photos of birds at your feeders or perched in a tree.
- My mother was in the background that afternoon, doing the brunch dishes and offering more coffee, weeding the garden and filling the bird feeder.
3Television Radioalimentador masculinelínea de alimentación feminine
4(link)this stream is a feeder flowing into the river — este riachuelo es un afluente del río
- this is a feeder to the main road — esta carretera / este ramal desemboca en la carretera principal
- That the river that runs through Mayobridge is a feeder to the Clanrye river that flows through Newry.
- I am aware that otters, an excellent indicator of good water quality, are returning to the feeder stream and the lake that Mr Dixon alleges is being poisoned.
- She wondered why salmon were disappearing from the little creek behind her house, a feeder stream of the Columbia River.
- With the first big rain of the year, a torrent of mud, silt, and debris had swept down the feeder stream.
- And while proclaiming the best fishing spot is a sure way to start an argument in Minnesota, the river and its feeder streams are hard to beat for native trout.
- Even when his dad caught a nine-pound brown trout on a small feeder stream, it didn't cause much excitement around town.
- I suppose it could have got in from the feeder stream.