In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1congratulaciones feminine formal humorousenhorabuena femininefelicitaciones feminine
- Apart from the regular felicitations to the outstanding students of the various departments, the coveted prize was awarded to a member of the Department of Social Sciences.
- And hence, the day got off, without extended speeches, felicitations and other programmes.
- Responding to felicitations, Harikrishna assured that he would continue to try his best.
- Most of these felicitations are organised by socio-cultural groups, and it is likely that they are looking to uphold a ‘role model’ for the present times.
- It is the last general debate for this session of Parliament, so on a personal level I express season's greetings and felicitations to all members of the House.
- All the racing fans extend warmest felicitations to Shay and Emma Barry on the birth of their first child, a boy, Jack.
- Once the formal felicitations were over children eager for autographs surrounded the cricketer who patiently obliged them all.
- Literati painting was often occasional, conveying greetings, felicitations and sympathies between good friends.
- Politicians belonging to different parties shared the same platform to offer felicitations.
- The function was punctuated by felicitations as the stars took turns to get on to the stage and wish the movie success.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.