In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tipo masculine informaltío masculine Spain informalcuate masculine Mexico informalgallo masculine Chile informalhi, fellas — ¿qué tal cuates? Mexico informal
- Young fellas, who at the age of 12 were big bullies in the yard, were weedy twerps by age 16.
- We are faster lovers than fellas from any other city.
- Let's all hope they take their time to elect the new fellah!
- You're meeting your friends for an early drink, and your fella has offered to give you a lift into town.
- I am not the perfect housewife and my fella is not the perfect partner.
- The young fella had finally tasted the glamorous world that captured his imagination four decades earlier.
- Some friends of mine are splitting up and another friend got dumped by her fella without any indication that things were wrong.
- It's up to the younger fellas to start taking their place.
- We get young fellas out here and they really do take to it pretty quickly.
- We've been working towards something special for the last five months, so you've got to take your hat off to these young fellas.
- At least the young fella should be assessed before any decision is made on deporting the family.
- Everyday in the club, new young fellas walk through the door.
- Still, don't try to force an instant friendship between the fellas.
- And stuff like, if a fella's got a girlfriend and it's a serious thing, leave it alone.
- It's a necessary evil, but he wonders how many young fellas will be prepared to do this in the future.
- It was a semi-detached house which, when I was a young fella, was way out in the country.
- ‘Greetings to all the lucky fellas who can live and love in York,’ he says.
- It was a very sorry sight to see young fellas and girls with their suitcases or anything else that would carry a few belongings make their ways to this boat.
- Thoughts on these matters came to mind last week when I was reading an extraordinary story about a young fella at school in Cork.
- It was great fun though and I am sure I will continue to go till the wee fella makes an appearance.
- As I move to enter, I'm forced to step aside as a young fella carrying some bulky shiny metallic object staggers out.
- It's great for the young fellas coming through, who have worked so hard since the beginning of the year.
- I am absolutely delighted for him because he is a genuinely lovely fellah.
- When I was a young fella my geography teacher lamented that Ireland had no natural resources.
- It's a confusing time in every young fella's life.
- He'd throw the young fella up on his shoulders and use his ticket to get in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.