In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femineidad femininefeminidad feminine
- For many people, roses symbolise passion, sexuality and femininity.
- The collection also highlights femininity through soft cutting lines.
- She's a woman, and dresses with style and femininity, which is wonderful to see.
- The destruction of femininity is an erosion of civilisation.
- Be proud of your femininity, your intelligence, and your ability to create life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.