In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feministathe feminist movement — el feminismo
- For most feminists, and for the public, feminism had come to mean the vote for women and little more.
- The personal is political all right - but not quite in the way feminists once thought.
- It is a festival that feminists would love to strike out completely from the history of a nation.
- A feminist is simply someone that supports true equality, and many men are feminists.
- She makes the personal into art long before feminists came to call it political.
- Melanie points out that today's feminists are still grappling with the questions of the nineteenth century.
- The first protests by feminists were against how the nationalists defined the role of women.
- The comments drew a mixed reaction from feminists and women writers.
- The second part of that equation seems to have been abandoned by feminists early on.
- Modern feminists don't want to trade in their femininity for drab power suits and a brief case.
- There's a bit of a debate going on in feminist blogging circles about feminists, women and the left.
- Mainstream media play a dominant role in the negative portrayal of feminists.
- Of course, feminism and feminists have changed with the times, but the image is still of the seventies.
- What are we as British feminists doing to support the right of all women to freedom from violence?
- If it is the latter, the French feminists who support the ban have a point.
- It is also assumed that the only possible reaction feminists can have to nationalism is rejection.
- Equality feminists minimize the political significance of the biological attributes of women.
- The other aspect to note is that it appears the goals of feminists on both sides of the globe are the same.
- In more recent years, there has been a softening of the attitudes of feminists towards quantitative research.
- The reaction to that on the part of male and female feminists is to stop thinking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.