In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mujer fatal feminine
- Elijah expected a beautiful mirage of glittering, ethereal beauty, the ultimate femme fatale, but now he knew not what to think.
- She is the femme fatale whose seductive voice, glamorous hair, and voluptuous body Rita Hayworth lent to the screen in 1946.
- And although she delights in playing femmes fatales, she is most frequently cast as a small-town girl - an innocent with a steel core.
- ‘I sound like someone you might want to have an affair with, so I play all sorts of femmes fatales,’ she says, with obvious enjoyment.
- Is it any longer possible, though, for a femme fatale to seem new?
- He claims to be smitten with Vera and strikes a deal with Ford to have a private, paid meeting with the young femme fatale.
- Christine Chung plays the femme fatale, Mavis, with seductive intensity that inveigles poor Trevor into her arms.
- Those are not usually the characteristics of the femme fatale, but I loved that.
- She has become a franchise rather than a femme fatale.
- He won't find a good socialist wife there, just married Mayfair femmes fatales.
- Stanwyck, one of the smartest actors to find stardom in Hollywood, played femmes fatales with sandpaper souls through most of the 40s.
- It's the night that she is the princess, the belle of the ball, the femme fatale.
- Yet to many observers these are the femmes fatales of the markets - seductive but essentially destructive temptresses.
- The female baddie is usually the sexy femme fatale.
- My true passionate attack on the cinema is the legend of the femme fatale.
- At the time of its creation, Klimt's painting was considered the incarnation of the femme fatale.
- When she attracts Lester, a bored and corrupt cop, she becomes a passive femme fatale.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.