In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Certain fractures of larger long bones, such as the femur, are hard to keep straight in a cast.
- Bruising of the articular cartilage of the femur (thigh bone) is also seen on the MRI scans of these patients.
- In long bones, such as the femur (thigh bone) a more complex, spiral fracture is more common.
- Several areas of the pelvis and the femur are likely to sustain injuries.
- Now he has been left hobbling on crutches after muggers fractured the top of his femur (thigh bone) while trying to rip off his running shoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.