In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1regatón masculinecontera feminine
- Against the geometric shapes of globe and pole, and within the rectangular surface of the arras itself, appears the point, which turns out to be the ferrule of a rod, which turns out to be a fan, which opens into the tail of the bird.
- There are cue makers, and other experts in cue stick behavior, that have very strong opinions about the pros and cons of various cue stick shafts, ferrules and tips.
- It is also the last of a line of pencils featuring a distinctive rectangular ferrule with a unique, replaceable eraser.
- The tips, called ferrules, of lower quality poles will wear off, but a good cross country ski or outdoor shop will have replacement tips in stock or can order them.
- Plungers push glue-filled ferrules onto pencil ends, and others fill them with plugs.
- A ferrule should be attached to the end of the cue, which the tip attaches to.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.