In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of woman, animal, plant)fertilidad feminineMedicine (drug/clinic) para el tratamiento de la infertilidadfertility symbol — símbolo de fertilidad masculine
- The families of both the bride and groom prepare puffed rice for the ceremony as a symbol of fertility and good luck.
- Fertility is a highly personal and sensitive area of human life.
- It is part of the attire of a Bosporan priestess to Demeter, goddess of fertility.
- Natural Family Planning cooperates with the natural law and teaches that fertility is to be treasured, not feared.
- In Bulgarian tradition, the coffin of Christ stays for a week in the church and people crawl underneath for health and fertility.
- This paper develops a rational choice model of the fertility of single women in the presence of government transfers.
- Falling fertility has also become a major source of demographic concern.
- One is the King of the waxing year, of life, growth, and fertility.
- Yes, a woman's fertility correlates exactly to the phase of the moon at the time of her own birth.
- Four of the eight QTL for reduced homozygous seed set are colocated with QTL associated with reduced male fertility.
- Treatment can also affect your fertility or ability to have children.
- Fertility is regarded as a unified principle, equally held by male and female forces.
- Nearby, childless couples seek prayers and potions for fertility.
- Several herbs are notable for boosting fertility, too.
- Currently, stem cells used for research largely come from embryos leftover from fertility clinics.
- The Wicca see the cauldron as a symbol of the Goddess, the manifested essence of femininity and fertility.
- Our results further show that the extent of hybrid male fertility varies somewhat with the particular parental strains used.
- The 2000 Census tells us the U.S. population will double every 54 years if fertility and immigration remain the same.
- Miller's research on turtle fertility involved turning the living turtle over and examining the ovaries by means of an endoscope.
- Neither of these surgeries were done to improve her fertility.
2(of soil)fertilidad feminine
- Third, reduced pollen and seed fertility may both indirectly result from this deleterious effect.
- As we drove through the countryside I could see the evidence of the incredible fertility.
- These sites had greater light, moisture, and soil fertility than mature forests or summer clearcuts.
- One solution might be to plant triploid trees if they prove to have low fertility.
- Natural soil texture and fertility also play a role in when and how much additional fertilizer plants need.
- For soil fertility, I used bases/alumina molar ratios as a chemical index of soil fertility suitable for paleosols.
- Despite high fertility, juvenile plants are rare.
- Such soil as occurs is usually shallow, leached and mildly acid, and of generally low fertility.
- The strategy of producing triploids of low fertility has been exploited in the production of seedless fruit.
- Good soil possesses oxygen, warmth, humidity, and fertility.
- Manure nutrients help build and maintain soil fertility.
- Galileo's work in mechanics testifies to the fertility of these concepts.
- The increased fertility was better for stocking.
- Lower fertility of land meant an increase in the cost of food, resulting in higher wages and therefore lower profits.
- This shouldn't be a surprise, but it helps us to see the continuing relevance and fertility of his thought.
3(of mind, imagination)fertilidad femininefecundidad feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.