In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fetalfetal distress — sufrimiento fetal masculine
- in a/the fetal position — en posición fetal
- Me, I'd be curled up in a fetal position in bed, railing against the bitterness of life.
- In fetal position, they uncurled and curled, then sat up like baby birds begging for worms.
- Some were in the fetal position, curled up, as if trying to escape within themselves.
- In other words, if somebody hits you, you don't curl up in the fetal position and beg your enemy not to hurt you.
- Me, I would curl up in a fetal position under the table and wait for someone to rescue me.
- She goes from a fetal position of crying to walking around the cell, singing gospel music.
- There she laid in the fetal position with her head buried crying hysterically.
- He curled into a fetal position, his knees drawn close to his body, and shivered slightly.
- She had managed to curl herself into a tighter ball, resembling a child in the fetal position.
- Basically, one saw a big flash of light, one should duck down into a fetal position and cover themselves up to be safe.
- She almost twitched into a fetal position, and her body moved slightly in one last defense.
- Her body jerked into a fetal position as she sobbed and clutched her side.
- The intensity of being in first year is often enough to make any freshman curl up in the fetal position and sob uncontrollably.
- Try to roll your body in, as if getting into a fetal position, as opposed to keeping your back rigid.
- He would just curl up in a fetal position in the tour bus and talk to fantasy friends that lived inside of his head.
- I called in sick way too many days, spent a lot of time at home curled up in a fetal position.
- The boy in front of me has an odd posture: almost in a fetal position, slouched far, far down.
- Her slumbering figure was in a fetal position and her head rested on his lap.
- Only after two to three times will the fetal position return to normal.
- I return to the fetal position with my remote control and try to console myself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.