In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Those who favour abortion cannot accept that a foetus is a human being, exactly the same as a new born baby is a human being.
- It was perceived that they were the African women who could carry a fetus to full term.
- Further pregnancies should then pose no risk to the fetus or mother.
- How well a woman and the fetus do during pregnancy depends upon the type of heart problem.
- Not every mother agrees that it is desirable to identify and terminate a fetus with Down's syndrome.
- The woman is likely to be concerned about the risk of medication to the fetus.
- A small subset of fetuses with large lung lesions will become hydropic, deteriorate rapidly, and die in utero.
- Already cloning embryos, using aborted foetuses, gene swapping and gene therapy will mean the long term impacts will be immense on our everyday living.
- Alcohol enters the fetus readily through the placenta and is eliminated by maternal metabolism.
- Developing fetuses, pregnant women, and young children are especially vulnerable.
- Doctors in China will harvest cells taken from aborted human foetuses which will then be injected into Mr Bell's head and spinal cord.
- It just happens that she helps a lot of women to abort their unborn fetuses.
- The past 20 years have seen rapid advances in the detection of genetic disorders in human fetuses.
- The youngest fetus with Down's syndrome in our sample was 22 weeks old at the time of measuring.
- However, fewer than one percent of fetuses become infected when their mother has a recurrent infection.
- After the eighth week of pregnancy, the developing baby is called a foetus.
- Use a barrier contraceptive the first month: female fetuses may be adversely affected.
- Feedback is currently being used in a trial of early versus delayed delivery for preterm, growth retarded fetuses.
- Some men have even tried to prevent women having abortions on grounds that the unborn foetus belongs to them.
- Poorly controlled asthma can lead to serious medical problems for pregnant women and their fetuses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.