In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This unfortunate merry-go-round is especially serious with certain painful conditions like fibromyalgia.
- Patients who rely on pain therapies suffer from everything from back and neck pain caused by car accidents to chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
- The pain of arthritis and fibromyalgia keeps me awake most nights.
- Experts estimate that six million Americans suffer from a mysterious condition called fibromyalgia.
- No glands were palpable, so it might be that previously both patients and doctors have misinterpreted the tenderness of fibromyalgia as lymphadenopathy.
- They say that widespread body pain is a cardinal feature of fibromyalgia.
- There is also substantial overlap with other functional disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and chronic pelvic pain.
- Patients with fibromyalgia have tender points by definition.
- There are no specific tests for fibromyalgia and diagnosis can be difficult because of the variation in symptoms from person to person.
- The definitive differentiation between myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia is made by physical examination.
- The cause and pathophysiology of fibromyalgia are unknown.
- The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are pains, tender areas, and tiredness.
- Antidepressants such as amitriptyline and prothiaden are sometimes used to treat chronic pain, including fibromyalgia.
- The goals of treatment for fibromyalgia are to control pain and improve function.
- Indeed, women who are deficient in vitamin D often are misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia or even somatization syndromes.
- Studies of clinic patients with fibromyalgia have suggested that it is a difficult condition to treat and symptoms resolve infrequently.
- There may even be groups for specific types of chronic pain, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia or irritable bowel syndrome.
- It can be used for a variety of conditions like migraine headaches or fibromyalgia, even cancer pain or inflammatory bowel disease.
- Melatonin may be used to treat insomnia, delayed sleep phase syndrome, fibromyalgia, or jet lag.
- Several clients reported the ability to sleep better and a decrease in the pain and stiffness associated with fibromyalgia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.