nounPlural fibulae, Plural fibulas
- Chris, son of former Clarets manager and striker Frank, suffered a broken fibula, tibia and cruciate and ankle ligament damage.
- The procedure involved the extraction of the lower jaw and its substitution by a bone transplant from the fibula of the patient.
- Both the radius and ulna (forearm bones), and the tibia and fibula (shank bones), are fused to each other.
- The lower end of the femur articulates at the knee joint with the tibia (shin bone); the fibula lies beside the tibia on the outer side of the lower leg.
- Common sites are the tibia, fibula, metatarsals, lumbar spine (pars interarticularis), and the hip (proximal femur).