In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hospital de campaña masculine
- In both wars, railroads moved casualties away from field hospitals to hospitals in the rear where they could receive better care.
- The British copied the system, using a system of field hospitals, ‘stationary’ hospitals, and general hospitals in the Second Boer War.
- In the Demblin area, battle field hospitals were separated from enemy forces only by the Vistula.
- By the time patients reach Germany, they have received care at one or two field hospitals and are medically stable, Fourroux said.
- The rest are being cared for by the remaining medical staff at the field hospital, at Bagram airfield in Afghanistan.
- Her years as an R.N. in military field hospitals were perfect training for dealing with this sort of emergency, and he had always valued her efficiency and knowledge.
- The flight to the American field hospital at Camp Salerno, a US base within artillery range of the Pakistan border, takes 20 minutes.
- But, yes, we have the equipment, emergency equipment, and we have the equipment to do emergency surgery in a field hospital.
- That total included personnel for field hospitals, bakeries, mechanical workshops, and other support units, all with a three-month supply of food and fuel.
- I transferred four injured people from the Jordanian field hospital [near Fallujah] to a hospital in Baghdad.
- The ability to communicate clearly and quickly from combat medics to a field hospital is essential to keeping wounded soldiers alive.
- Here, told for the first time in the nurses' own words, is the riveting story of what actually happened on the battlefields, aid stations and field hospitals.
- Florence Nightingale is best remembered for her work as a nurse during the Crimean War of 1854-6 and her contribution towards the reform of the sanitary conditions in military field hospitals.
- Once the child was brought to Kabul, Canadian doctors went to work, taking him first to a German field hospital at the NATO brigade headquarters.
- When out of range of the insurgents, Church carried Brown to safety where he could be treated and taken to a field hospital.
- He said the theatre hospital was a first-rate field hospital with a broad range of surgical specialties represented.
- There are three types of deployable Army hospitals under the Army's Medical Force 2000 reorganization: combat support hospitals, field hospitals and general hospitals.
- When assigned to a field hospital, Bellamy says her work is not too far removed from her civilian job.
- The thousands of aid workers in the region need emergency field hospitals, doctors and health workers as well as catering and other support services.
- The field hospital operates similarly to a traditional hospital, but the staff has had to adapt to deal with the in-field conditions and combat injuries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.