In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Dentistryempaste masculinetapadura feminine Chile Mexicoemplomadura feminine River Platecalza feminine Colombia
1pasta's very filling — la pasta llena mucho
- He or she will place a temporary filling on the tooth until you come back.
- If you have concerns about dental fillings, speak to your dentist.
- Silver remains the substance of choice for the majority of fillings in permanent teeth.
- It can also produce a tiny gap between the filling and the tooth that may lead to further decay.
- As he grinned, his gold fillings glinted in the hallway light.
- The idea is to use the substance to provide a lining under new fillings, avoiding the need to replace fillings as cavities grow.
- Principal Curtis' mouth promptly dropped open, exposing his silver fillings.
- Remove any metal fillings as they're a major source of mercury.
- In 1997, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reviewed nearly 60 studies about mercury exposure and dental fillings.
- If you have old discolored plastic fillings, these will not get lighter from bleaching, and should be replaced after the process is completed.
- Tiny grooves may need to be cut into remaining teeth or fillings, so that the denture clips into a firm position.
- I've got two chipped fillings, and several cavities, which are all starting to get quite uncomfortable.
- Once again, using bleaching gels in this way may not work for certain types of discolouration, such as that caused by metal fillings or damaged blood vessels inside a tooth.
- Cigarette smoke didn't affect the number of cavities and fillings in a child's permanent teeth.
- Mouth ulcers are common and are usually due to trauma such as from ill fitting dentures, fractured teeth, or fillings.
- I've got huge cavities, missing fillings and chipped and cracked teeth.
- It's less certain whether exposure to elemental mercury, which is used in thermometers, dental fillings and batteries, poses a risk in pregnancy.
- It's used in thermometers, batteries and dental fillings and is emitted from power plants and other industrial activity.
- Most people now reach adulthood with few or no fillings in their teeth.
- However, apart from occasional allergic reactions, there is little evidence of adverse effects arising from the placement of tooth coloured fillings.
- The sandwich fillings will certainly come as welcome relief to those of you that can't face another tired cheese sandwich.
- Don't stick to my filling though, use whatever you like best, or whatever is left in the fridge.
- Dark chocolate is used for some chocolate fillings.
- The purple rolls are fried until they are crispy on the outside while the filling remains soft and sticky.
- Ordering two chicken soft tacos, combining the fillings into one shell and tossing the other is one way to boost the percent of calories from protein.
- Amber comes over as I'm mixing the filling, this time using tapioca and cider vinegar.
- Divide the filling into six portions and fill in tomatoes.
- Transfer the filling to a cutting board, thinly slice, and reserve.
- Layers, fillings, stuffings - these are the elements of impressive party food.
- The pastry was too dense, the chocolate filling was too dry, and it was loaded with nuts that simply overwhelmed whatever pear flavour might have been there.
- I had a couple of beers and a very pleasant baguette filled with all manner of interesting fillings.
- But soon we started seeking out the harder stuff: toffee flavoured custard fillings, almond and caramel coatings, that sort of thing.
- Dry the sheets and layer the filling between them.
- As I stood in the queue, I observed the dishes of sandwich fillings resting limply behind the glass counter.
- Roll the rice paper by folding up one side of the rice paper lengthwise over the fillings.
- The potato and cheese filling was soft and salty and reminded me of the inside of a cheese and onion pastie.
- The fillings are incredibly, filling, rich and tasty, with the buckwheat in the crêpes giving everything a good, nutty texture.
- As I watch him and his two staff line dozens of deep pie tins with pastry and fill them with his 16 fillings, it's obvious that this is a man dedicated to his craft.
- Prepare them the night before especially pasta salads or sandwich fillings.
- The pastry was paper thin and crisp and the filling had that lovely burnt-toffee taste.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.