In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Dentistryempaste masculinetapadura feminine Mexico Chileemplomadura feminine River Platecalza feminine Colombia
- If you have concerns about dental fillings, speak to your dentist.
- Once again, using bleaching gels in this way may not work for certain types of discolouration, such as that caused by metal fillings or damaged blood vessels inside a tooth.
- I've got huge cavities, missing fillings and chipped and cracked teeth.
- Cigarette smoke didn't affect the number of cavities and fillings in a child's permanent teeth.
- However, apart from occasional allergic reactions, there is little evidence of adverse effects arising from the placement of tooth coloured fillings.
- As he grinned, his gold fillings glinted in the hallway light.
- Principal Curtis' mouth promptly dropped open, exposing his silver fillings.
- It's less certain whether exposure to elemental mercury, which is used in thermometers, dental fillings and batteries, poses a risk in pregnancy.
- Mouth ulcers are common and are usually due to trauma such as from ill fitting dentures, fractured teeth, or fillings.
- It's used in thermometers, batteries and dental fillings and is emitted from power plants and other industrial activity.
- Silver remains the substance of choice for the majority of fillings in permanent teeth.
- It can also produce a tiny gap between the filling and the tooth that may lead to further decay.
- In 1997, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reviewed nearly 60 studies about mercury exposure and dental fillings.
- He or she will place a temporary filling on the tooth until you come back.
- The idea is to use the substance to provide a lining under new fillings, avoiding the need to replace fillings as cavities grow.
- Remove any metal fillings as they're a major source of mercury.
- If you have old discolored plastic fillings, these will not get lighter from bleaching, and should be replaced after the process is completed.
- Most people now reach adulthood with few or no fillings in their teeth.
- I've got two chipped fillings, and several cavities, which are all starting to get quite uncomfortable.
- Tiny grooves may need to be cut into remaining teeth or fillings, so that the denture clips into a firm position.
- Amber comes over as I'm mixing the filling, this time using tapioca and cider vinegar.
- Divide the filling into six portions and fill in tomatoes.
- Dark chocolate is used for some chocolate fillings.
- The purple rolls are fried until they are crispy on the outside while the filling remains soft and sticky.
- The sandwich fillings will certainly come as welcome relief to those of you that can't face another tired cheese sandwich.
- Transfer the filling to a cutting board, thinly slice, and reserve.
- Roll the rice paper by folding up one side of the rice paper lengthwise over the fillings.
- As I watch him and his two staff line dozens of deep pie tins with pastry and fill them with his 16 fillings, it's obvious that this is a man dedicated to his craft.
- The potato and cheese filling was soft and salty and reminded me of the inside of a cheese and onion pastie.
- As I stood in the queue, I observed the dishes of sandwich fillings resting limply behind the glass counter.
- The pastry was too dense, the chocolate filling was too dry, and it was loaded with nuts that simply overwhelmed whatever pear flavour might have been there.
- Dry the sheets and layer the filling between them.
- The pastry was paper thin and crisp and the filling had that lovely burnt-toffee taste.
- I had a couple of beers and a very pleasant baguette filled with all manner of interesting fillings.
- The fillings are incredibly, filling, rich and tasty, with the buckwheat in the crêpes giving everything a good, nutty texture.
- Prepare them the night before especially pasta salads or sandwich fillings.
- Don't stick to my filling though, use whatever you like best, or whatever is left in the fridge.
- Ordering two chicken soft tacos, combining the fillings into one shell and tossing the other is one way to boost the percent of calories from protein.
- Layers, fillings, stuffings - these are the elements of impressive party food.
- But soon we started seeking out the harder stuff: toffee flavoured custard fillings, almond and caramel coatings, that sort of thing.
1pasta's very filling — la pasta es muy llenadora Southern Cone
- It's a big, filling serving and I could have stopped there, but that would have made for a short review.
- Combined with chicken and vegetables, it makes a very filling, nutritious soup.
- The waitress recommended the banana cake, but it sounded a little too heavy after such a filling meal.
- She sat down and ate a very filling meal with her friends.
- The only space left, after that mountain of filling food, is for a couple of cocktails at Middlesex.
- So last year, I decided to eat a healthy, filling meal before heading out to shop - no more fast food cravings!
- I grew up on a filling diet of traditional handmade Italian food cooked by my father, and learned to make such dishes myself.
- Chips or potatoes were certainly not missed as the burger was very filling.
- Cookbooks are now embracing hearty, filling casseroles.
- Luckily it still was open and I proceeded to enjoy a very filling dinner.
- Even without the filling soup as a first course, the T-bone steak and salad had been an excellent meal.
- This is much more of a hot and filling working person's lunch, and although it's not the hottest curry in the world, it's balanced and tasty.
- They can go with just about anything and make a filling meal.
- Anyway, the food tasted good and was certainly very filling.
- In due course I was able to enjoy a tasty and filling snack with adequate green salad to accompany it.
- This serving is very filling and a bargain for smoked salmon at $8.95.
- Quickly roasted over a campfire, these made a very satisfying and splendid filling meal to end an otherwise trying and long day.
- I had a ridiculously tasty marshmallow cocoa and a very filling egg salad sandwich.
- However, in order to make something that constitutes a filling, edible meal, some creativity is still needed.
- As delicious as it was, it was by no means a filling dish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.