In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1potra feminine(under three years) potranca feminine
- Sabrina was riding her filly as she cooled her down.
- A total of 150 horses are cataloged for the first session that includes horses in training and fillies in and out of training.
- To become a harem stallion, a male had to abduct fillies in heat one at a time from their father's herds.
- Nearly all of the top runners sired by Kris were fillies and mares and Harrison said the late stallion's legacy would be left on the breed through his daughters.
- Four fillies and five colts all breezed one furlong in 10.20 seconds.
- A young filly wants to be safe and she'll be more flighty and reactive.
- Horse Racing Ireland enhances stakes for fillies and mares
- She will face six other two-year-old fillies in the seven-furlong race.
- She was going to be the only filly running in it.
- In the latest incident, the filly was one of four purchased last year and left in Ireland to be broken.
- The card is highlighted by a pair of stakes of $75,000 stakes for older fillies and mares and for older colts and geldings.
- I think next year she could be a top filly on the turf.
- Stoute added that he would probably keep the filly running over the same distance.
- She shares a paddock with a filly born a day earlier and is approximately the same size.
- The allotment includes 12 fillies and eight colts, many with ties to American racing.
- The chestnut filly worked in company on Wednesday, pleasing Dunlop with her effort.
- Two fillies tied for session-topping female, each going for $26,000.
- The horses include two colts and two fillies by Danehill.
- Summerfield consigned the well-balanced filly that was bred in Florida by Bobby Hurley.
- We're got five two-year-old fillies in training with my brother, Elliott, and we've got four three- and four-year-old fillies also.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.