In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1líquido filtrado masculine
- Then a clear filtrate with no cells or bacteria was used to inoculate another chicken, which would then develop a tumor.
- In the majority of the studies we reviewed, the material administered to the animal was the dried filtrate of a water extract that had been prepared from dried leaves.
- During the gravity filtration the filtrate passes through the filter medium under the combined forces of gravity and capillary attraction between the liquid and the funnel stem.
- After passage through glass fiber filter paper, the filtrate was concentrated using a rotary vacuum evaporator.
- Mixtures of solution and resin were filtered through a 0.45 m filter and filtrates freeze-dried.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.