In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is further refined by carbon filtration to remove any traces of molasses before crystallization.
- It is a wholesale and humiliating process of filtration.
- The word seems to imply the wine is somehow better, but filtration has no correlation with quality.
- Filters would be used to improve filtration of outside air and eliminate re-circulated air.
- Engineer Bill Moorhouse explained that a problem remained with filtration, but that it could be fixed.
- Custom tanks for large specialty fish can run in the thousands of dollars, plus extra for proper heating and filtration.
- The bugs cannot be treated using chlorine but are usually removed by filtration.
- That idea would help water be absorbed locally and cleaned naturally through ground filtration.
- The beer is produced through cold filtration and is not pasteurised.
- To address the potential risk, it is important to remove gels by screen filtration.
- It is this filtration that removes some of the harsher flavour in the whiskey and the end product is a smoother and mellower taste.
- No filtration is proposed for the emissions that would include carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide and lead.
- In the first step, large contaminants were removed by filtration through filter paper.
- The filtration is carried out in three stages - primary, intermediate and final.
- Apparently it goes through three stages of filtration, but all the same, you wouldn't want to be caught in an avalanche of it, would you?
- They prevent proper filtration of waste material through the soil layers.
- Essential filtration and heating equipment had to be installed at the 20-year-old pool.
- The mixture was sterilized by sequential filtration through 0.45 and 0.22 m filters.
- See also filtration, which cannot remove these soluble substances and acts only on particulates.
- Lastly, does the water filtration and circulation process cope with keeping the water in the pools clean?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.