In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was a dramatic finale and set the tone for another truly memorable fortnight of sporting action.
- For example, both finales use a slow introduction to usher in the faster movement proper.
- Roy's performances, especially the finales, were not for the faint-hearted but the rest of us found them frankly exhilarating, and so did our audiences.
- It has tutus and classroom steps, and it made a bright finale for the evening.
- We have included some photos of the models participating in the competition and rely on your support as well as media coverage to the run-up of the event as well as seeing you at the grand finales on 31 August 2001.
- There's something of an acid wit to these finales.
- As for drummer Fredrik Sandsten, suffice it to say he took the Moon references to another level with a much bigger kit, flying around the tom-toms and engaging in fierce double-bass song finales.
- Her histrionics, brilliant timing and musical leadership - especially in the finales - capture the audience's rapt attention.
- However, the inevitable parental reconciliation at the finale is a piece of moralising too far.
- His discomfiture was to prove the difference between the sides when the dramatic finale was played out.
- The two finales commence in a very assertive mood, always generating that kind of exciting energy which finally leads to a rousing and brilliant conclusion.
- All of the finales skip along with the kind of sparkling momentum which makes foot-tapping so hard to resist.
- The day's activities will culminate as usual with a fireworks finale at dusk.
- The Festival will end with a rousing finale on Saturday with music from the New Riverside Jazz Band.
- The stage is awash with sparkling color as performers gather for the grand finale.
- That set the teams up for the dramatic finale with only a single point separating them.
- But their rivalry is too much for them and the tension rises into a dramatic finale.
- The concluding second movement maintains Stock's penchant for slow, deeply melancholy finales.
- In a series that's known for it's exciting and dramatic season finales, this one is only middling, but it's still very very good.
- The event will have a musical finale with a performance from singer Irene Perveen.
3(grand finish)apoteosis femininefinal triunfal masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.