In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(banking, business)finanzasthe world of high finance — el mundo de las altas finanzas
- The finance department has also been developed to meet the needs of the bigger merged company.
- Of course, using an advisor will always cost you money - in finance, there's no such thing as a free ride!
- Maybe some kind finance department official could sit him down and explain the fiscal facts of life.
- The last few decades have witnessed many innovations in the consumer finance industry.
- "There are mixed signs," said the finance chief of an Irish multinational.
- The resulting entity became known as Kerry Group, and he became its finance director.
- The corporate finance sector in Ireland will continue to experience a flight to quality.
- I am the finance manager of a small consulting company in the aviation industry.
- The problem stems from a change in the way public finance is handled.
- The firings will affect all areas, including the company's corporate finance and stockbroking arms.
- For a book about money, finance and the stock market, those sorts of numbers were previously unheard of.
- The event is being billed as a must for those raising funding and for those in the corporate finance business.
- Salaries will remain competitive in the banking, finance and accounting sectors.
- I am not fully convinced that the designated finance minister is up to the task and she has a lot to prove still.
- Offshore finance centres have been subjected to increased criticism over recent years.
- The court argued that someone working in the government finance ministry could not possibly be subject to persecution.
- The council of finance ministers cannot depart from the rules laid down by the treaty
- Law announced ten days ago that the archdiocesan finance council had voted not to approve the deal.
- I've got our local government finance spokesman, David Cameron, coming up on May 20th.
- Whether, say, joint degrees in economics and finance are covered by the data is unknown.
- To date it has been almost impossible to raise small amounts of finance to develop our business in the region.
- There are three possible sources of finance for a garden to match my delusions of grandeur.
- It is easy to find private sector finance for an enterprise that guarantees profits for 25 years.
- A local source of finance is essential if local independence and accountability are to be maintained.
- The first part of the puzzle that Doug sold me on was what was going on in mortgage finance.
- He is an incredibly able businessman who has an uncanny ability to tap into all possible sources of finance.
- Peoples has been supported by a mix of debt and equity finance provided by Bank of Scotland.
- In dealing with other potential sources of finance as arranger, the bank is acting as the borrower's agent.
- Most of the book makes sense for any old economy business seeking finance from external sources, too.
- The fund operates as a lender of last resort for businesses that cannot raise finance from another source.
- A number of former managers at Intercontinental have also been trying to raise finance.
- So I may know very little about cars and driving, but I know a fair amount about car finance and insurance!
- Quite unlike several other areas, finance for housing is said to have a tremendous future.
- Now, the massive pool of global speculative finance has its sights on myriad markets and asset classes.
- A recurring suggestion for raising finance for urban road projects was to charge for congestion.
- However, the London stock market where it is such a powerful force is dwindling in importance as a source of company finance.
- Nor has the bank any specific bargaining leverage, assuming Lincoln can obtain finance from an alternative source.
- Boswell admitted he could have raised finance on the strength of several Scottish actors.
- The lotto is the club's main source of finance which is the lifeblood of the club's activities.
- It is also important to identify the sources of finance for these projects.
2recursos financierossituación financiera femininesituación económica femininemy finances won't run to a trip to Egypt — el estado de mis finanzas no me da para ir a Egipto
3(funding)financiación femininefinanciamiento masculine Latin America(department) de financiaciónFinance Bill — proyecto de ley presupuestaria masculine
1(project/industry/expansion) financiarhow are you going to finance the trip? — ¿cómo vas a financiar / a costearte el viaje?
- I'm not going to finance your drinking! — ¡no pienso costearte el vicio!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.