In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(success/backing/risk/system) financiero(difficulties/independence/crisis) económicoJournalism de economíaJournalism de negociosfinancial management — gestión financiera feminine
- a financial wizard — un mago de las finanzas
- For personal finances we have a financial adviser who helps me and my wife keep on top of things.
- It was set up to give consumers a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms.
- Are interest rates in financial markets and the real economy distinct phenomena?
- The decision, widely expected by economists, had little impact on the financial markets.
- Which economic statistics give us the greatest guidance as to our financial future?
- In a gesture of support, the US has said it is in favour of Uruguay being bailed out of its financial crisis.
- History provides many examples where problems in the financial sector led to monetary instability.
- Its characteristics differed to all of the other financial assets in the portfolio.
- This goes to the heart of the group's financial controls and financial reporting.
- Your employer has just passed the risk of ongoing financial market turbulence to you.
- Try to calculate how much more interest you may earn over the course of a year, or ask your financial adviser.
- Regardless of the rules of a scheme, no pension fund is immune to financial disaster.
- The central bank activities go beyond the central bank immediate financial gain.
- Now this is the sort of qualification you're looking for in a financial adviser.
- Several trust funds have been established to offer financial help in managing debt problems.
- The financial regulator said it was a chronology of events rather than an explanation of what had happened.
- Every asset manager needs a financial framework in his head to rationalise what he is doing.
- It was set up by law to help consumers settle complaints against financial firms
- The financial restructuring of the games changed their traditional roots as well.
- The market in telecommunications and financial services will be slow to recover.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.