In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine ejercicio Britishmasculine año fiscalin the previous financial year — en el ejercicio/año fiscal anterior
- We are now focusing on what needs to be done in stages two and three of our turn-around plan to return to financial balance in subsequent financial years.
- It was handed a £924,000 bonus, to spend in the new financial year beginning in April.
- If the company's accounting period straddles two financial years, the profit is apportioned and charged at the appropriate rates.
- Council tenants have been invited to a public meeting about their rent for the financial year starting in April.
- This means that over the current economic cycle, which the Treasury assumes is the seven financial years from April 1999 to March 2006, the current budget should balance out or be in surplus.
- Because many US companies closed off their financial years in June, it is expected that July and August will be spent consolidating their accounts and headcounts before progressing with projects and recruitment in September.
- The group's financial results for the last financial year are expected to be announced.
- Earnings grew last year by a very healthy 19.7 per cent, but it should be noted that earnings declined by over 20 per cent in the financial years 1996,1999 and 2000.
- Also, the sick-pay policy has been improved, absenteeism has dropped, and shareholders have received dividends in four of the past six financial years.
- On the positive side, he said in the three financial years 1998/99-2000 / 01, the country managed to achieve a high degree of fiscal stability.
- Most of the data we have gathered in our investigation is for the financial years from 2000 to 2002.
- The lists pertain to calendar years, not financial years.
- Data for this analysis were derived from the database extract held at the University of Bristol, which currently contains data for financial years from 1 April 1991 to 31 March 2001.
- He said the company had performed well in the last financial year and will post strong results.
- The end of the financial year used to be a red-letter day for investors.
- Social Services will have spent £56 million by the end of the financial year in April.
- Net asset turnover at 14% remained in line with the preceding two financial years.
- Greene King said all its divisions were showing increased profits as the new financial year got underway.
- The figures are collated from the most recent set of filed accounts and, in most cases, relate to the 2002 and 2003 financial years.
- The construction of the base is scheduled to start in the next financial year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.