In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1para chuparse los dedos informal
- Since it'll just be the two of you at the table, you can indulge in all sorts of messy, finger-licking dishes.
- These were finger-licking good and a great mix of flavors: Picard really makes desserts worthy of the best pâtisseries.
- The audience gasped and then he said, ‘You know, I went to his restaurant [in Georgia] and the fried chicken wasn't finger-licking good.’
- They were tired of ruffians trying to loot the place for finger-licking baked potato skins.
- Maybe you convinced a partner that their cold, lumpy, deflated cheese souffle was finger-licking good - before you surreptitiously scraped it into the dog's bowl.
- After trying out her finger-licking recipes, you can get all set to see her on the silver screen!
- Fat and sugar, as I blogged here, are what make foods finger-licking good.
- Not only did he see the Seventh Wonder of the World, but he also dined on the finger-licking dhum pukht cuisine, danced with village women, spotted a tiger and took home a gift of frogs set with semi-precious stones.
- These are finger-licking good, especially served on a plate drizzled with chocolate and a big squirt of whipped cream.
- The five-spice flavoured chicken feet, however, are finger-licking good.
- I recently told a friend that I had found a place that would help convert his fear of raw fish into unbridled, finger-licking lust.
- Chewing pork ribs with meat that falls off the bone, glazed in a finger-licking sticky sauce, is one of the pleasures I enjoy on holiday.
- The original shrimp cocktail glazed with finger-licking good dressing always does the trick.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.