In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1toque final masculineto add/put the finishing touch(es) to sth — darle los últimos toques a algo
- An elderly man is adding the finishing touches to a beautiful doll's house he has been building.
- If you prefer an elegant modern look, the impact of finishing touches like skirting boards can make or break the overall design.
- The finishing touches have included nesting boxes and wildlife havens.
- Young friends of a boy who died under the wheels of a lorry have been adding the finishing touches to a community garden created in his memory.
- Whatever your style, it's the finishing touches that set the scene and add a touch of class and individuality to your wedding day.
- After 20 minutes under a heat lamp, I was ready for the finishing touches.
- But it now looks like the finishing touches could be added in time for next year's centenary celebrations.
- Several thousand pounds would be needed for the finishing touches like garden sculptures and a seating area.
- Councillors have put the finishing touches to the document which will be sent to residents in three zones in the borough next month.
- The finishing touches are being made to two major new pieces of art in Bolton town centre.
- The final phase will allow finishing touches to be applied to the scheme and any last-minute glitches to be ironed out.
- The utility room still needs some finishing touches to bring it up to the standard of the other rooms in the house.
- Organisers are now putting together the finishing touches for what is guaranteed to be the biggest Old Town Festival yet.
- Children planted trees to put the finishing touches to their school's new multi-cultural garden.
- At the moment she is putting the finishing touches to a set of new paintings, which will be on display at an exhibition at the gallery this weekend.
- The finishing touches are being put to many little projects, which have been organised for the occasion.
- A boatbuilder is busy putting the finishing touches to three vessels which he is set to exhibit at the Austrian Boat Show.
- The building work has taken about three months to complete with just some cosmetic finishing touches and clearing up to be done.
- It's obvious that the students have been working hard on their designs, and the finishing touches are yet to come.
- Nowadays, the Queen and her family usually put the finishing touches to the tree's decorations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.