In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine arma de fuego
- Three firearms, an electric stun gun and three canisters of CS spray were also recovered.
- The knifeman claimed throughout that he also had a firearm and brandished a weapon at police from under a blanket.
- The jury was yet to reach a decision on a second charge of possessing a firearm with intent to cause unlawful harm.
- Officers also recovered a starting pistol with ammunition and two imitation firearms.
- He pointed out that no licence was necessary to possess certain firearms.
- They are also charged with possessing an imitation firearm with intent to commit an offence.
- Load your firearm only when you're in the field or on the target range and ready to fire.
- He admitted possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence.
- A man armed with a firearm and cutlass then stormed the house and announced a hold-up.
- He is also accused of possessing a firearm and an imitation firearm.
- Police are also keen for any information about the firearm used in the shooting.
- Today the teacher was sentenced to a total six months in jail for possessing the firearm and one month in jail for affray.
- He was found guilty of four charges of robbery and three charges of possessing an imitation firearm with intent.
- He has told me of a dispute regarding whether he should be able to possess and use firearms.
- She was found guilty of affray and of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear and violence.
- Police are hoping firearms and other weapons will be taken out of circulation during the amnesty.
- Fully-trained armed police officers will use the stun gun in place of lethal firearms.
- He was one of Britain's leading defenders of privately owned guns and firearms.
- Chief Superintendent John Lacy has now called for a crackdown on replica firearms and airguns.
- The firearm used was a pump-action shotgun, a weapon banned in the UK for more than a decade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.