In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Firewire masculine trademark(connection/port/drive) Firewire masculine trademark
- At the bottom of the case are the two USB ports, a FireWire connection and a mic and headphone jack.
- The image is captured, digitized, and transferred to a PC over a FireWire interface.
- Given that it features video editing capabilities, I would have like to have seen a FireWire connection included.
- Modem and networking are included, as is a FireWire port for cameras, disks and other devices.
- When we plug in a FireWire drive or a USB storage device (such as a camcorder, an MP3 player or a digital camera), the device shows up on the desktop, in the appropriate applications and in the directory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.